I pressed my face onto the bosom of sloping hills,
my trailing sleeves
caressing deep enchanted valleys
and lulling willful silver streams.
I hung the curtains over morning vistas
of drying grass and darkly dreaming trees;
My friend, the farmer, slowly dragging a graying cloud
Along the newly-ploughed field,
Pays me his tribute, early riser,
Like me, he is the one who sees
a stalk of wheat
and falling leaf.
I hush the noises of your busy highways
I hide the skid marks on their sides.
I envelope the rags of ruptured tires
And wrestle with your windshield wipes.
unwelcome, hungry, and unloved
I cling to you like an abandoned mother
and like a mother
I will trust
your last embrace
and parting whisper
your final breath and final glance.
September 19, 2010
I love these movies!
- The Fall, directed by Tarsem
- Amelie, directed by Jean-Pierre Jennet
- Lord of the Rings, directed by Peter Jackson
- Moulan Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Moonsoon Wedding, directed by Mira Nair
- Australia, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Despereately seeking Susan, directed by Susan Seidelman
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, directed by Bharat Nalluri
Favorite books and authors
- Boris Vassiliev, historical novels
- C.Cherryh, Morgaine Sagas
- Ch.Dickens, The Bleak House
- George Martin, The Chronicles of Ice and Fire
- Gregory Frost, Shadow Bridge novels
- Heinrich Mann, Henry the IV
- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Emma
- Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
- Sir Thomas Mallory, Le Mort D'Artur
- Ted Williams, Green Angel Tower
- Terry Goodkind, Magician's First Rule and the following books in this saga
- Thomas Mann, Joseph and his Brothers