I was extremely surprised to learn, upon arriving to my classroom, that the Seattle schools had been closed - apparently, while I was still driving! I am no meteorologist, but even I could see the clear skies - and almost no ice on the roads. Considering that my school sits on top of the Queen Ann Hill, it was obvious that other, more accessible schools would be in good shape, either. But the Gods of the children were stronger today - and they were granted their wish: no school! Mom stays at home! Let's watch a movie!
Actually, some did go to the movie theaters - and to the malls... A freezing rain started to fall around 5 in Lake City neighborhood, but about 10 it began to die out... So, what is the big deal with the snow in Seattle?
My guess is the transportation - or the lack of it. Who wants to drive around on slippery slopes of the city cut by multiple bridges, in gusting winds? And so the legend of the snow storm is born...Well, on the other hand, I am enjoying myself by the fireplace...
I love these movies!
- The Fall, directed by Tarsem
- Amelie, directed by Jean-Pierre Jennet
- Lord of the Rings, directed by Peter Jackson
- Moulan Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Moonsoon Wedding, directed by Mira Nair
- Australia, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Despereately seeking Susan, directed by Susan Seidelman
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, directed by Bharat Nalluri
Favorite books and authors
- Boris Vassiliev, historical novels
- C.Cherryh, Morgaine Sagas
- Ch.Dickens, The Bleak House
- George Martin, The Chronicles of Ice and Fire
- Gregory Frost, Shadow Bridge novels
- Heinrich Mann, Henry the IV
- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Emma
- Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
- Sir Thomas Mallory, Le Mort D'Artur
- Ted Williams, Green Angel Tower
- Terry Goodkind, Magician's First Rule and the following books in this saga
- Thomas Mann, Joseph and his Brothers