We crossed Nevada and Northern California. We walked on the bottom of a dry lake. We were lost in some endless forests… We passed by the Mt. Shasta… We saw Lake Mono by some happy mistake of my navigation system…We braved the serpentine roads to the Lake Tahoe!!! It was worth it!
August 19 To Ashland!
Ashland welcomed us with a heat wave – 102 F! luckily, our first performance, The Servant of two Masters – was at the New Theater, air conditioned to the point that I was freezing… The next day I watched the rarely staged “All’s Well That Ends Well” and in the evening “Much Ado About Nothing”.
David Kelly was delightful as Benedick, but even more – in the servant of the two masters as the money-hungry father of the bride…
August 21 I took my whole little group to the Crater lake – it was my final surprise , a cherry on a perfect ice-cream…I can never get tired of the beauty of this lake, its unmatched turquoise having almost a magic hold on me…
We arrived in Seattle past 11 at night. Good to be home!!!!
I love these movies!
- The Fall, directed by Tarsem
- Amelie, directed by Jean-Pierre Jennet
- Lord of the Rings, directed by Peter Jackson
- Moulan Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Moonsoon Wedding, directed by Mira Nair
- Australia, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Despereately seeking Susan, directed by Susan Seidelman
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, directed by Bharat Nalluri
Favorite books and authors
- Boris Vassiliev, historical novels
- C.Cherryh, Morgaine Sagas
- Ch.Dickens, The Bleak House
- George Martin, The Chronicles of Ice and Fire
- Gregory Frost, Shadow Bridge novels
- Heinrich Mann, Henry the IV
- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Emma
- Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
- Sir Thomas Mallory, Le Mort D'Artur
- Ted Williams, Green Angel Tower
- Terry Goodkind, Magician's First Rule and the following books in this saga
- Thomas Mann, Joseph and his Brothers