Friday, August 9, 2013
Friday, Agust 9, 2013. Sedona, Arizona
Today we watched the sunrise from our balcony. Fantastic sight!
A blissful day by the pool... Grandma spent 15 min. sunbathing and declared that she got a sunburn.
But - I was prepared: I had lidocain burn relief lotion!
By 2 o'clock she revived enough to go on a tour. We got lucky: there was only one more person with us on the tour - a charming black lady, a pediatric nurse from New York. We got on a very small bus, and our guide Steve drove us around on the narrowest roads to really nice places one would not even suspect existed behind all that tumbling forest. We went down to the creek at the bottom of the canyon, and then steadily climbed up to see views from all the famous vantage points.
We used the shuttle service (2-3 bucks tip is expected) to get to the village below. We went to eat dinner at Ken's Creekside cafe. The terrace in the back where we sat is, indeed, above a creek. The food was good and abundant. I had a Margarita with cactus juice (yum!) and mom and dad tasted local beer. All in all - a good day!
I love these movies!
- The Fall, directed by Tarsem
- Amelie, directed by Jean-Pierre Jennet
- Lord of the Rings, directed by Peter Jackson
- Moulan Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Moonsoon Wedding, directed by Mira Nair
- Australia, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Despereately seeking Susan, directed by Susan Seidelman
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, directed by Bharat Nalluri
Favorite books and authors
- Boris Vassiliev, historical novels
- C.Cherryh, Morgaine Sagas
- Ch.Dickens, The Bleak House
- George Martin, The Chronicles of Ice and Fire
- Gregory Frost, Shadow Bridge novels
- Heinrich Mann, Henry the IV
- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Emma
- Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
- Sir Thomas Mallory, Le Mort D'Artur
- Ted Williams, Green Angel Tower
- Terry Goodkind, Magician's First Rule and the following books in this saga
- Thomas Mann, Joseph and his Brothers