OSF. The heart Of Robin Hood

OSF. The heart Of Robin Hood

Golden Gates

Golden Gates

Morning on top of mark

Morning on top of mark

Avenue of the Giants

Avenue of the Giants


Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday, August 5, 2013.


Today we drove from Mesa Verde to Santa Fe (about 280 miles) - it took us about 6 hours. The slowest and the most challenging part was the descent from Far View Point (8 250) down to the gates of the park (7 000). We immediately felt better - dizziness and nausea were gone. I remembered how dizzy I was in Mexico City until we climbed the Sun Pyramid. Our guide explained that strenuous exercise fills blood with oxygen. I did climb down to the Ciff palace, so I was feeling better, but mom and dad had hard time breathing.

We stopped in Aztec for gas and icecream, and then followed I-160 to I-550. We had lunch in Cuba, that is, dad and I had lunch, and mom threw a fit. She decided she wanted pepsi, but when dad got coffee she wanted his coffee. Dad gave his coffee away, but mom announced she would not eat or drink at all, because we  torture and disrespect her. We ended up throwing coffee and her food in the trash.

When it was time to turn to I-25 our GPS system trew a fit just like grandma. It made us wonder around country roads, making u-turns. It appeared it does not recognize roads under construction. We made it after 3rd try. Then it made us pass Santa Fe - instead of exit 284 it urged us to exit at 290, 14 miles past the city, then made us  do a u-turn.... We were happy to have maps and written directions.

By 5 we were in our room in Garret's Desert Inn. I went on foot ( alone) to explore. Old santa fe is really charming, but somehow slightly fake, like Disney Land. Too many restaurants and and too many jewellery stores, I guess. On the other hand, on the left from our hotel stands the oldest church in the USA, built in 1600...

We had dinner in a charming open-air cantina on the roof of an old adobe building. I ordered beer for my parents which put them in a good mood. And I... I had 2 Margaritas. I felt I deserved those today...

No comments:

I love these movies!

  • The Fall, directed by Tarsem
  • Amelie, directed by Jean-Pierre Jennet
  • Lord of the Rings, directed by Peter Jackson
  • Moulan Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrman
  • Moonsoon Wedding, directed by Mira Nair
  • Australia, directed by Baz Luhrman
  • Despereately seeking Susan, directed by Susan Seidelman
  • Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, directed by Bharat Nalluri

Favorite books and authors

  • Boris Vassiliev, historical novels
  • C.Cherryh, Morgaine Sagas
  • Ch.Dickens, The Bleak House
  • George Martin, The Chronicles of Ice and Fire
  • Gregory Frost, Shadow Bridge novels
  • Heinrich Mann, Henry the IV
  • J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
  • Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Emma
  • Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
  • Sir Thomas Mallory, Le Mort D'Artur
  • Ted Williams, Green Angel Tower
  • Terry Goodkind, Magician's First Rule and the following books in this saga
  • Thomas Mann, Joseph and his Brothers