I wonder who calculates trip times on Trip Advisor... I say, one should always add a couple hours to their calculations. First, there are always parts of highways under construction/reconstruction/improvement, with speed limits plunging to 55 and sometimes to 25 miles per hour. Next, people need food and restrooms, and cars need more gas.
We left Albuquerque with sadness - Casas de Suenos treated us to a very nice breakfast, with main dish custom made - we chose omelets... We looked again at the art on the walls and in the garden and said goodbye to Julia, our hostess. (Who, by the way, studied in Finland).
We drove through dry empty land, slightly sloping down. Pale green shrubs and red clay, with occasional outcropping of striped red rocks. It was hard to stay awake, so Grandma got a task to talk to me. She was up for the challenge!
The last 20 miles were the most trying. The road was winding and twisting at insane angles. Grandma was swearing that this is her last trip. But the views were astounding! We arrived in Sedona at 4, and immediately went to the pool. We had our lunch on the way, and here we just snacked on the terrace, enjoying the gorgeous view.
I love these movies!
- The Fall, directed by Tarsem
- Amelie, directed by Jean-Pierre Jennet
- Lord of the Rings, directed by Peter Jackson
- Moulan Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Moonsoon Wedding, directed by Mira Nair
- Australia, directed by Baz Luhrman
- Despereately seeking Susan, directed by Susan Seidelman
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, directed by Bharat Nalluri
Favorite books and authors
- Boris Vassiliev, historical novels
- C.Cherryh, Morgaine Sagas
- Ch.Dickens, The Bleak House
- George Martin, The Chronicles of Ice and Fire
- Gregory Frost, Shadow Bridge novels
- Heinrich Mann, Henry the IV
- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Emma
- Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
- Sir Thomas Mallory, Le Mort D'Artur
- Ted Williams, Green Angel Tower
- Terry Goodkind, Magician's First Rule and the following books in this saga
- Thomas Mann, Joseph and his Brothers